Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Reading Pile?

I'm on a bit of a non-fiction roll these days...but apparently my focus is easily diverted. The following three books have been cracked open:


I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya A...awesomely heartbreaking


The Glamour of Grammar by Roy Peter Clark - delightful, can't keep myself from picking this one up. How can Mr. Clark make apostrophe's and semi-colon's so intriguing? 


The Ladies of Seneca Falls by Miriam Gurko - for my book club, truly a fascinating account of women who fought for equal rights. Hopefully it becomes required reading in all high schools so that all American females can appreciate our circumstances today.


In the hopper - Elizabeth Gilbert's Committed (Yes, I miss her already.)


Boy, I'm gonna need some fiction soon to break up all this reality. (The Dragon Tattoo has been sitting on my bookshelf, waiting, staring me in the face.)


So, what's on your nightstand? BTW, it's banned book week. What's your favorite banned book? Huck Finn? To Kill a Mockingbird? Let's hear it!

1 comment:

Rubi J said...

You just named my two all times favorites. I've read Huck Finn 4 times. Find something new each time.