Monday, August 17, 2009

My Kindle

I can't believe it's been June since I last blogged here! I guess I've been too busy on my Mommyhood blog...it's summer and all. I can't believe I didn't even write a book review! Okay, in a snapshot...

The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle.....5 Star! Wonderful character depictions, whether human or beast. A bit of a heartbreaker though.

Little Grrrl Lost by Charles De Lint...3 Star. Cute story, but couldn't get into it. My mother and daughter completely disagree.

A Word a Day by Anu Garg ....5 Star Plus! For all you verbologists, a must-read!

The Host by Stephene Meyer...4.5 Star. I loved this post-Twilight tale. It's imaginative and an interesting commentary on the human race.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Rodrick Rules)...3 Star. Not quite as clever as the first book, but still fun to read with 7 -year old boy.

I think I'm missing one...oh, well. What I really wanted to communicate is how much I love my 40th birthday present to myself -- The Kindle! It's light, easy to use, easy to find titles and never leaves me without something to read! My only complaint is that I wish it lit up in the car and perhaps didn't need charged so often. But I love that fact that I can subscribe to any paper or blog for a lower cost and it's a bit of an environmental saver.

Anyway, if you're looking for a gift for the reader, The Kindle is your answer...Oh, and I was very much against the idea of parting with my book. But now I'm a believer!

No comments: