Friday, April 10, 2009

Part of my Playlist

Don't you love it when you find someone who shares the same taste in music as you? I’m sorry if this seems like a sorry excuse for a blog posting, but it occurred to me today, as I was exercising at 5:15 in the morning to my newly revised playlist, how I love seeing other people's playlists! So, I thought I’d share a few of my favorites.

I must admit that my playlist is currently WAY TOO LONG, with 43 songs. (I know...I should create more than one big, long, honking playlist.)Doug’s playlist is much more manageable at 20+. He deletes songs when he’s tired of them. For some reason, I feel like I’m offending the artist by deleting them. As if they even know. Enough babble, now for the highlight of this posting…Here are the first few songs on "Stef's List", which BTW are great work-out songs.

What I’ve Done…Linkin Park
Holiday…Green Day
I Don’t Care…Fallout Boy
Lazy Eye…Silversun Pickups
Psycho…Puddle of Mud
Yes…Coldplay
She…Green Day
Someone Who You’re With…Nickelback
Bad Girlfriend…Theory of a Deadman

That's the first few. For the last two months, I’ve explicitly listened to either the entire Twilight soundtrack or Coldplay’s Viva La Vida. The Twilight soundtrack really kicks! And of course it reminds me of my favorite vampire.

There you go. In our house, it’s somewhat of a contest who has the better playlist, as if it’s not subjective. What’s on your playlists? Which artists get you going?

2 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

I like certain songs for various moods and/or various activities. For instance, when I'm writing historicals, I like to listen to classical. When I was writing my debut novel, Highland Blessings, I listened to Celtic. I'm about to start a 1929 novel, and I'm feeling the itch to start collecting Big Band music, the Blues, and some other 1920's tunes. It puts me in the mood for the time period I'm writing.

Stef Kramer said...

Awesome idea. I should try that. When I write, I'm usually trying to tune out Disney or my screaming kids...