Saturday, July 12, 2008

Unwelcome Visitor

You came by in the middle of the night and decided to stay awhile. It's been a long time since I've heard from you, and I had no bribes to make you go away. So you stayed and made your presence well-known.

You suck the life out of me. When you're here I can't read, write, talk. I can't even sleep. It's impossible to get comfortable when you're here. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's really you. You hurt so badly, could it really be you? Or is it something worse? Am I dying?

What in the world brings you here? Lord knows I've researched you to death. Is it hormones? Dairy? Nuts? Weather-fronts? Allergies? Nuts? Cheese? Stress? All of the above?

Today, I'm better after my husband delivered the medicine. Three doses of migraine medicine makes me somewhat functional, but your effects still linger. I'm tired, as if I've been beat up. You're not completely gone, so I worry about your return. But I pray you go away. Please go away, so I can be a person again.

I want to be that person that listens to my family with enthusiasm. That person who is ready to take on the world and get stuff done! But I can't when you're here. So please, once again, go away so that I can live.

No comments: